Threaded inserts are available in a wide variety of problem-solving configurations to ease assembly processes.
They are designed to provide load-bearing threads in areas where access is only available from one side and the parent material is light-gauge.
The product was designed to have a tubular body with interior threads which, when inserted into a prepared hole, can be compressed/collapsed/imbedded to allow the attachment of an externally threaded fastener to complete an assembly.
Threaded inserts are available in a variety of shapes to support many assembly challenges:
- Blind Rivet Nuts are an invaluable method of attaching components to materials too thin to be tapped and threaded. They are available in a wide variety of configurations for specific problem solving; from large-flange heads to flush countersunk and low-profile varieties. Anti-rotational designs can ensure the integrity of the attachment and provide non-rotational assurance.
Installation is achieved by using a variety of tooling, manual and powered, which properly and speedily integrates the fastener into the assembly consistently.
- Key-locking inserts are useful in situations in which an existing thread has become stripped. The keys in these inserts cut into the original threads and then lock into place.
- Molded inserts are designed to be placed in a mold cavity before the forming of a plastic component.
- Knife-thread and hexdrive inserts are effective solutions for use with most kinds of wood.
- Press inserts are another useful means of adding threads to plastic parts.
- Self-tapping threaded inserts can be used with a variety of materials, including metal. These inserts cut their own threads as they are placed in the work-piece.
Placing of threaded inserts typically requires specific tools. Among the most prevalent are heat insert drivers and power drivers. Careful evaluation of a threaded insert is important before installation, to provide for long-lasting effectiveness.
Contact us for assistance in making your selection.
About Us I
Contact Us I
Site Map I
Huck Fasteners I
Avdel Rivets I
Emhart Pop Rivets I
Henrob Rivets I
Threaded Inserts I
Structural Blind Rivets I
Speed Fastening I
Solid Rivets I
Semi Tubular Rivets
Breakstem Rivet I
Self Piercing Rivets I
Hand Held Tooling I
Automation & Assembly I
Created by Upright Communications.